What is a makeup primer? Why should you use one? Let’s answer these questions with a little metaphor.
Have you ever painted a room in your home? If you did your research, you probably prepped the wall by using a primer, unless your paint was premixed with a primer included. Primers are applied BEFORE you paint; and in general, they help to better the adhesion of paint, can increase paint durability, and provide protection to whatever material you’re painting.
Makeup primers work the same way—they are meant to prep your skin for a better, smoother application and to enhance makeup longevity. The problem is, many makeup primers contain ingredients that are heavy and not breathable. This leads to clogged pores and an increase in breakouts. Sure, these products are creating an even, smooth canvas for makeup application, but at what expense?
Young Living launched our new Hydrating and Mattifying primers at convention. If you have oily skin, we recommend the Mattifying primer because it helps to control shine and oil; if you have dry skin, the hydrating primer helps to moisturize and hydrate your skin. These products are each infused with an essential oil blend specifically created for dry or oily skin.
How do you use a primer? After you cleanse, tone, and moisturize, apply a thin layer of primer on your face!
• Ideal for dry sky • Smooths, moisturizes, and hydrates the skin • Creates a smooth surface for foundation application and allows foundation to glide on easily • Helps prolong your makeup application and keeps it in place • Reduces shine • Minimizes the look of fine lines and pores and the appearance of skin imperfections • Includes hydrating essential oil blend of Orange, Geranium, Bergamot, Copaiba, Cedarwood, Black Spruce, Lavender, Lime, Sage, Ocotea, and Rose—the same essential oil blend as the Misting Spray
• Mattifies shine and helps with oil control • Smooths the look of your skin and evens out skin tone • Creates a smooth surface for foundation application and allows foundation to glide on easily • Helps prolong your makeup application and keeps it in place • Reduces shine • Minimizes the look of fine lines and pores and the appearance of skin imperfections • Infused with Manuka, Frankincense, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Geranium, and Lavender essential oil—the same essential oil blend as the OTC Spot Treatment
Using our new Primers will help enhance the look and extend the wear of your Savvy Minerals Foundation. Which Savvy Primer will you be trying?
Add drama and definition with this naturally derived mascara infused with Lavender essential oil
Looking for a mascara that works with sensitive eyes? We’ve got you covered. Savvy Minerals by Young Living Mascara lets you flutter your lashes with confidence! Our mascara complements a subtle daytime look or a fun evening style with natural definition. Savvy Minerals by Young Living Mascara is the Lavender-infused mascara everyone will be talking about.
Features and Benefits
•Gives lashes a naturally defined look
•Makes lashes appear longer
•Layers easily for a more dramatic look
•Conditions and nourishes lashes
•Clinically tested for ocular irritation and passed as safe to use on sensitive eyes
•Infused with Lavender essential oil
Savvy Minerals by Young Living Mascara was created to give your lashes natural drama and definition. Formulated with naturally derived ingredients, including Lavender essential oil to nourish and condition lashes, this rich mascara delivers the quality without compromise you expect from Young Living.
Not tested on animals and formulated with naturally derived ingredients, this mascara lets you commit to quality you can count on.
Hydrolyzed jojoba esters
Lavender essential oil
Coconut fruit extract
Formulated without parabens, phthalates, petrochemicals, bismuth, talc, dyes, synthetic colorants, synthetic fragrances, and non-nano ingredients
HYDRATING PRIMER & MATIFYING PRIMER
Prep your face for a look that will last all day with Savvy Minerals by Young Living Primers. Infused with pure essential oils, these skin-smoothers create the ideal surface for foundation application, so you can rock your flawless face morning to night. With two different non-comedogenic formulas, you’ll find the perfect primer to match your needs!
After you moisturize your skin and before you put on your makeup, apply a thin layer of primer to prep your face for even makeup application and a flawless finish. Our hydrating primer and mattifying primer help makeup glide on easily and stay in place, while also reducing the appearance of fine lines, pores, and imperfections.
•Ideal for dry skin
•Creates a smooth surface for foundation application
•Minimizes the look of fine lines, pores, and the appearance of imperfections
•Allows foundation to glide on easily
•Moisturizes and hydrates skin
•Keeps makeup in place and helps prolong your look
•Includes Orange, Geranium, Bergamot, Copaiba, Cedarwood, Black Spruce, Lavender, Lime, Sage, Ocotea, and Rose essential oils
NO. 1 PALETTE
Create eye-catching styles with help from our first-ever pressed-powder eyeshadow palette! Savvy Minerals
by Young Living No. 1 Palette features five rich mineral shadows you can mix and match to create a variety of
styles, from subtle to dramatic. Go anywhere with our first-ever eyeshadow palette, featuring five pressed powder shades.
With five rich shades, each infused with Lavender essential oil, the No. 1 Palette helps you create subtle to dramatic looks. The formula includes shea butter and coconut oils, making the shadows velvety soft and easy to apply, blend, and build. They’re formulated without fillers, synthetic fragrances, and parabens, so they meet your superior standards and are gentle enough for sensitive skin. Plus the long-lasting formula wears all day, so you have one less thing to worry about during your busy schedule.
Made with coconut oil, shea butter, and Orange, Peppermint, Spearmint, and Cinnamon Bark essential oils, these naturally derived lipsticks glide on smoothly and add color and shine.
Be bold with Savvy Minerals by Young Living Cinnamint-Infused Lipstick. Made to glide on smoothly and add a luxurious shine, this lipstick is full of nourishing ingredients and isn’t just for an evening out on the town. Create an empowering look by using one of these rich, deep shades day or night!
Savvy Minerals by Young Living Lipsticks moisturize and glide on smoothly with a creamy texture and nourishing ingredients such as coconut oil, shea butter, and Orange, Peppermint, Spearmint, and Cinnamon Bark essential oils. They’re naturally highly pigmented for beautiful, buildable color payoff that makes your lips appear fuller.
Finishing Powders with two options: Diamond Dust for shimmer and matte for a Shine Free Look.
A Brand New Brush- Kabuki
Effortlessly blend you favorite foundations and bronzers with the Kubuki Brush. Made with densely packed bristles, this Kabuki makeup brush offers easy application and controlled coverage
This kabuki brush is the perfect companion to Savvy Minerals by Young Living products. Made from high-quality synthetic fibers, it’s specially designed for our mineral powders for easy makeup application and a luxurious feel.
Several New Multi-Taskers
Our multipurpose MultiTasker acts as an eyeliner, shadow, or brow filler and is now more accessible than ever with three new colors.
We’ve also added a new Veil powder with a matte finish, perfect for completing your Savvy look.
Fireflies, lemonade, and wild adventures into the great unknown—summer is finally here! From baseball games and woodland campouts to backyard family barbecues and theme park vacations, do you have any Citronella essential oil in your summer step? Known for its bright, lemony scent and frequent appearance in insect repellent, patio candles, and sunscreen, Citronella essential oil mixes nostalgia with practicality. Read on for our lovable uses of pure Citronella essential oil.
1. A time capsule in a bottle Citronella oil is steam distilled from the leafy parts of the citronella plant, also known as Cymbopogon nardus. Thanks to its fresh, welcoming scent and bug repelling properties like those found in our Insect Repellent, Citronella essential oil is a common element in perfumes and cosmetic products and is well known for its use in outdoor candles, sprays, lotions, and other camping and outdoor essentials. Just a bit of Citronella oil in your diffuser, moisturizer, or DIY patio accents can make you feel transported to a simpler time.
2. An indoor escape If the unbeaten path is calling your name, then waft away on this wild diffuser blend, designed to make you feel like you’re strolling through a mountain meadow.
3. An outdoor oasis Citronella is a natural air freshener, perfect for battling outdoor odors. Mix up a DIY outdoor spray to revive your patio furniture, hammock, or sleeping bag, or invite a pleasant aroma with our Citronella DIY floating candle. It’s the perfect way to add a peaceful ambiance and pleasant aroma to summer soirees!
DIY Outdoor Summer Spray 5 drops Citronella essential oil 3 drops Lemongrass essential oil 1 drop Peppermint essential oil 2 ounces witch hazel 2 ounces water Combine all ingredients in an empty spray bottle and shake vigorously before spritzing on your balcony, deck, or porch. 4. Citronella-kissed skin Citronella essential oil can be worn topically for a refreshing scent and a dose of moisture. Add it to your sunscreen before applying to enjoy its light, bright scent. Incorporate Citronella into your after-sun care routine or your daily skin care regimen for its moisturizing properties. Citronella also makes a great natural alternative to deodorant. Combine it with Tea Tree essential oil for added strength.
Ingredients 1 bar solid castile soap, unscented, shaved into small pieces 1/3 cup washing soda 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar ½ cup water ½ cup Thieves® Laundry Soap 4 drops Lemon essential oil Empty deodorant container Empty lip balm container
Instructions Add all ingredients except for the essential oil and laundry soap into a saucepan. Heat on low until the soap and all the particles are mostly melted. Remove from the heat. Add Thieves laundry soap and essential oil and evenly mix. Let cool slightly and empty the mixture into a ziplock bag. Cut the corner off and squeeze the liquid into your containers. Put on the lids, let completely cool.
Lightly dampen stick with a wet washcloth before use to adequately spread around the stained area. Wash as you normally would.