Have you heard of ART® Sheerlumé? This is one of Young Living's most beloved and popular personal care products. This is our entire team's favorite beauty product and the Beauty School team's favorite product as well! Anyone who tries it absolutely LOVES it!
Sheerlumé is infused with Vetiver, Blue Cypress, Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood, Clove, Jasmine, Carrot Seed, Spearmint, Geranium, and Sacred Frankincense essential oils, as well as many other plant extracts. With the powerful combination of these ingredients, this product helps brighten and balance the appearance of skin tone and provides a glowing look! This product is gentle enough to use every day and powerful enough to give amazing results!
Some of the key ingredients in Sheerlumé are licorice root extract, kakadu plum, gotu kola, and Madonna lily.
This product can be used twice a day on the face, hands, or neck. We love to use it as a daily moisturizer and to prep your skin for your Savvy Minerals by Young Living® makeup routine!
Pamper Yourself! Even skin tone for a Radiant, flawless, amazing look!
An advanced formula powered by a sophisticated, proprietary blend of alpine botanicals and pure essential oils, Sheerlumé™ will visibly brighten and balance skin tone.
Signs of aging: Sun damage, aging spots, uneven complexion, dullness, wrinkles
Visibly brightens and balances skin tone
Unveils radiant looking skin
2 times a day with or without your favorite moisturizing cream
Age spots, dullness, protects during the day (carrot seed oil), helps with Broken capillaries
Fascination with beauty and the search for the fountain of youth is as old as the beginning of time. Young Living’s “Young”Elixir, Sheerlume, combines ancient botanical wisdom with cutting-edge science to visibly brighten and even skin tone.
Research suggests that an “older-looking” face is not defined by the depth of wrinkles but by other signs such as age spots, skin dullness, and rough textures. Sheerlume optimizes any complexion with a unique, proprietary blend of alpine plant extracts and carefully chosen essential oils that function as a barrier from external stressors that can add years to your face. With daily use, Sheerlume can unveil your radiant, flawless-looking appearance.
Bringing your complexion into light is as easy as applying Sheerlume morning and night.
What is the DIfference with Savvy Minerals and other Makeup?
When we want to live healthier, we typically think about what we put in our bodies, but what we put on our bodies is just as important! Your skin is your largest organ, and it’s like a sponge! Body washes, lotions, deodorants, and cosmetics that you slather on your skin get absorbed into your body. If your makeup is filled with toxins such as lead, parabens, bismuth, endocrine-disrupting phthalates, and other harsh chemicals, they can also get absorbed into your body! Yuck!
Here are eight reasons to switch to Savvy Minerals by Young Living® makeup:
1. Savvy Minerals by Young Living is formulated with clean ingredients and no fillers. Many mineral makeup lines contain minerals, which are good, but still contains fillers like talc, which have been shown to be carcinogenic. Many of the chemicals used in commercial makeup lines are harmful to the endocrine system. Savvy Minerals by Young Living products are formulated without bismuth, phthalates, parabens, petrochemicals, or synthetic fragrances. Our mineral powders contain minerals, aspen bark extract, and kaolin clay to provide smooth and polished skin without harmful ingredients.
2. Savvy Minerals by Young Living is great for sensitive skin. Because our mineral makeup is formulated without harsh chemicals ingredients, it won’t irritate your skin like chemical-laden cosmetics. This makes Savvy Minerals by Young Living perfect for all ages, from teens to golden years.
3. Savvy Minerals by Young Living mineral makeup is made with non-nanoparticle minerals. This means the minerals are not small enough to get into your cells and bloodstream where they can potentially cause damage. Any mineral, or any substance, can be potentially dangerous if it is a nanoparticle. A nanoparticle is a microscopic particle with sizes ranging from 1 to 100 nanometers. They are so tiny that about 100,000 nanoparticles would fit in the width of a human hair! Because of the extremely small size of these particles, their properties can be very different from the properties of larger particles of the same material. For example, nanoparticles are generally more reactive than standard-sized particles. This high level of reactivity may make nanoparticles unpredictable in living things. They are not only very reactive, but they are also so small that they can pass through cell membranes and even enter the bloodstream.
4. Savvy Minerals by Young Living is cruelty-free. It’s not just about our physical health and good looks, Savvy Minerals by Young Living is better for our animal friends! Our makeup is not tested on animals, and all of the products have vegetarian or vegan-friendly formulas! In fact, all Savvy Minerals by Young Living products have a vegan formula except for the lipstick, which contains beeswax.
5. Savvy Minerals by Young Living provides all-day, long lasting coverage. Mineral makeup binds to oil while conventional liquid makeup binds to water. Our mineral formulas allow the minerals to bind to the oil in your skin and give you natural, all-day coverage.
6. Savvy Minerals by Young Living provides easy application. How many of you have heard, “I like the idea of mineral makeup, but it’s too hard to apply.” If you think it’s hard, you’re applying it the wrong way! Using the Savvy Minerals Misting Spray, a foundation brush, and applying minerals to a freshly primed face makes a huge difference in coverage. The Misting Spray is not meant to be a setting spray, it was designed to lightly wet your brush so it can pick up minerals easier, prevent mineral fall out, and ensure a smooth application. Before you apply your minerals, priming your face with Sheerlumé or ART® Renewal Serum will also help the minerals bind to your face and last longer.
7. Savvy Minerals by Young Living provides a buildable look. Our mineral makeup is perfect for when you have five minutes and are going for a natural look or when you have more time and want a bold, dramatic look. The minerals layer and build on each other, so it’s great for a natural, dramatic, or anything in between look. You can layer eyeshadows, blush, bronzer, and foundation as dark or light as you want.
8. Savvy Minerals by Young Living provides great versatility. Mix and match your products! Minerals are so versatile that you can mix and match products, as well as blend your colors together! Dark No. 2 foundation makes a great contour; Crushin’ and Spoiled eyeshadow shades looks great as blush; and Residual eyeshadow shade can be used as a highlighter! You can apply your makeup wet, also known as foiling, and get a totally different color compared to when you apply the same color dry! Make a tinted moisturizer by mixing foundation with your moisturizer. Mix a bronzer with lotion for sun-kissed legs. Use MultiTasker as a root coverup. The options are endless!
Each Savvy Minerals by Young Living product is created with quality, purity, and safety in mind, so you can feel great about what you are putting on your face and your look. Make the switch to something better!
Perhaps you’ve thought, “But it’s such a small amount,” as you used a commercial personal care product. It’s easy to ignore the harsh chemicals and toxins in the products we use when the amounts are miniscule; but before you reach for the next commercial product at the grocery store, consider bioaccumulation.
Bioaccumulation is also known as “body burden,” and it is the buildup of harsh chemicals and toxins in the human body. These harsh chemicals are found in many commercial personal care products, albeit in very small amounts, so the accumulation occurs over time.
Since we know that some harmful chemicals build up in our bodies over time, the impact may not be evident until long after exposure. We also know that some chemicals have more impact on our bodies during certain periods, such as when we’re in the womb, during infancy, and during puberty, and that even tiny doses can be potent. To reduce the potential for bioaccumulation, it is vital to select the purest possible products to use on our babies.
With so many products to choose from for your baby, why Seedlings? As a parent or caregiver, you are constantly making decisions. Where do you find time to research the best products for your baby? When we developed the Seedlings line, we took the guesswork out of the process. You don’t have to worry about whether the products you’re using on your little ones are pure or sourced from authentic suppliers—Young Living’s Seed to Seal commitment has done that for you. Our years of research and development, along with our standard for unparalleled quality, lets you know that you are choosing products you can trust.
These products were formulated with a baby’s delicate skin in mind and use natural, plant-based ingredients. The line is hypoallergenic, and all of the products are vegan friendly, except for the OTC Diaper Rash Cream, which uses beeswax as an emollient to create a hydrating barrier; it is, however, vegetarian friendly. The topical products in the Seedlings line have also been dermatologist tested and pediatrician reviewed.
Young Living’s Calm scent blend has a base of Lavender essential oil and includes Coriander, Geranium, Ylang Ylang, and furanocoumarin-free Bergamot—which means there is not a UV warning associated with this blend, so it’s fine for using on your baby before taking him or her outdoors. I really like the fragrance of Calm. And I use these products myself, the lotion and oil and wipes because the fragrance is so relaxing and calming just like the name says: Calm
There’s nothing like the smell of a baby’s freshly washed skin. Now bath time can be even more soothing and sweet with the scent of Seedlings Baby Wash & Shampoo. Lightly scented with our Calm blend of pure essential oils—featuring Lavender for its soothing, calming aroma—this extra gentle formula leaves skin and hair clean, soft, and smooth without over-drying. Plus, it is dermatologist tested, hypoallergenic, and vegan friendly.
Calendula was added to support a baby’s sensitive, delicate skin with additional hydration. Calendula is native to the Mediterranean but can now be found growing around the world.
Eyebright, also known as euphrasia, is an herb that has been used throughout history for many purposes. It was added to Seedlings Baby Wash & Shampoo for its skin-nourishing and moisturizing effects and to boost the tear-free formula.
Tested and approved tear-free formula
2-in-1 shampoo and body wash, which simplifies bath time
Bath time gets your little one clean, but it is also very important for your infant’s well-being and development. One thing that becomes very valuable in bath time is that parents are distraction free, as technology has no place in a splash-filled bathroom!
Baths are also significant because they engage all the senses. According to Tiffany Field, Director of the Touch Research Institute and developmental psychologist, “Bath time is significant because it’s probably the time when babies get touched more than any other time during the day, and so it becomes a very important activity for the parents.” But it’s not just touch that makes bath time special. It’s also the engagement of other senses, from watching bubbles burst to listening to the water. “Babies’ brains are built to really pay attention and really light up when there is multisensory stimulation. The more sense you engage, the better,” Tiffany explains.
Seedlings Baby Oil is formulated specially for an infant’s delicate skin. This mild, gentle product contains 100 percent pure essential oils diluted to an appropriate strength, and its plant-based formula is lightly scented with our Calm blend of Lavender, Coriander, Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, and Geranium.
In addition to the Calm essential oil blend and fractionated coconut oil, Seedlings Baby Oil also contains apricot kernel oil, safflower seed oil, and prickly pear seed oil, which are considered dry oils. These “dry” carrier oils moisturize and absorb quickly and thoroughly into the skin, leaving baby’s skin soft, hydrated, and smooth after applying.
Apricot kernel oil and prickly pear seed oil have high concentrations of linoleic acid, which is one of the three essential fatty acids. They also contain oleic acid. Seedlings Baby Oil also contains plant-based, non-GMO tocopherols in the form of vitamin E.
Seedlings Baby Oil is formulated without mineral oil and is vegan friendly and suitable for everyday use. It is also dermatologist tested and hypoallergenic.
Seedlings Baby Oil can be applied using baby massage techniques for sweet bonding with your little one. Because it is non-greasy and absorbs gently into skin, baby’s skin won’t be slippery after application!
Pricing (Wholesale): $18.00, PV: 14.50
The idea of baby massage may sound overzealous, but it can have many lasting positive effects on our babies, and it only takes a few minutes.
In many ways, touch is considered our first language. In addition to the physiological benefits—such as supporting digestion, muscle development, weight gain, and boosting the immune system—it is also beneficial to brain development. Gentle touch, like that of baby massage, can help babies grow stronger and feel less anxiety. Those who experience routine touch show 50 percent more eye contact and are three times more likely to have an overall positive expression than those who don’t! Also, research has shown that routine touch and massage can lead to improved cognitive performance and increased alertness in children.
Keep baby’s skin soft and hydrated with Seedlings Baby Lotion, Young Living’s gentle moisturizer specially formulated for infants’ delicate skin. This non-greasy lotion supports moisture barrier function and smoothly absorbs into a baby’s delicate skin, leaving it moisturized, soft, and smooth. It’s made with skin-nourishing ingredients and a Lavender-infused essential oil blend.
Seedlings Baby Lotion contains coconut oil, Calm essential oil blend, murumuru butter, mango butter, cocoa butter, calendula, annatto oil, and apple extract. The mango seed, murumuru seed, and cocoa seed butters are all high-quality butters known for their high fatty acid content.
Mango butter is an exotic and sought-after butter known for nourishing the skin. It is similar to shea and cocoa butters but with a slightly different fatty acid content. It is found in the rainforest and harvested from the seed kernel of the mango tree.
Murumuru butter comes from murumuru palm trees native to the Amazon. It’s highly moisturizing, absorbs easily into skin, and helps support the skin’s moisture barrier. The tree produces a natural fruit, and the butter is extracted from the seed of the fruit.
Cocoa butter is extracted from the roasted seeds of the theobroma tree, which is native to the Americas.
Apple fruit extract was added to the formula as an active ingredient to retain skin hydration, and the annatto oil comes from a tree/shrub found in tropical climates. It is cultivated in South American and southeastern Asia and was introduced in the 17th century to the Spaniards. Annatto oil is what gives Seedlings Baby Lotion the yellowish color and is soothing to the skin.
The flower petals of the calendula plant have been used for various purposes since the 12th century; we’ve added calendula for its moisturizing effects.
Pricing (Wholesale): $17.50, PV: 14
Seedlings Linen Spray is safe for fabrics and extremely versatile, not only freshening fabrics but creating a peaceful and calming atmosphere. It is made from pure, pristine products and—perhaps most importantly—is free of alcohol. It is vegan friendly and contains no sulfates, parabens, phthalates, petrochemicals, synthetic preservatives, synthetic fragrances, or synthetics.
Pricing (Wholesale): $12.50, PV: 10
Seedlings Baby Wipes are ultra-soft and comfortable. The soothing formula leaves skin moisturized, soft, and smooth, while providing gentle and thorough cleansing without drying an infant’s delicate skin.
They can be used on any part of an infant’s skin. Soft, thick, and versatile, these wipes can handle a diaper change or a lunchtime cleanup.
Vegan friendly, the mild and gentle formula contains cleansing botanicals and 100 percent pure essential oils and is specially formulated to minimize the risk of common allergic reactions. They are specifically formulated to be gentle on sensitive skin.
They are also easy for on-the-go use. The packaging is soft with a hard lid and contains 72 wipes. The wipes are 8x7 inches and are made from a soft, thick material.
Pricing (Wholesale): $8.75, PV: 7
Seedlings Diaper Rash Cream is made with 100 percent naturally derived ingredients, including 100 percent pure essential oils, botanicals, and non-nano zinc oxide. It is also vegetarian friendly. This thick, Lavender-scented cream reduces the duration and severity of diaper rash when applied at the first sign of redness. It soothes on contact and protects a baby’s delicate skin.
Seedlings Diaper Rash Cream can be used as a preventative measure before bed or anytime when exposure to wet diapers may be prolonged. The extra gentle, mild formula—developed specially for an infant’s tender skin—seals out wetness and helps balance skin moisture while reducing redness. Seedlings Diaper Rash Cream can be used on babies of any age, including newborns.
Pricing (Wholesale): $20.75, PV: 16.75
Seedlings Diaper Rash Cream is an OTC (over-the-counter) product because of the inclusion of zinc oxide as an active ingredient. It is non-nano zinc oxide, meaning the size of the zinc particles won’t clog the pores but will act as a barrier to the skin.
Seedlings Diaper Rash Cream is different from KidScents® Tender Tush, which is a thinner ointment designed primarily to moisturize dry skin, including the diaper area. Seedlings Diaper Rash Cream is a thick, white paste that seals out wetness and contains zinc oxide to treat, prevent, and relieve diaper rash.
Murumuru butter comes from murumuru palm trees native to the Amazon. It is highly moisturizing, smooths easily onto skin, and helps support the skin’s moisture barrier. We also use sea buckthorn as a skin moisturizer in the formula. White kaolin clay helps absorb moisture when used on rashes.
Also, this product is the only Seedlings product listed as vegetarian and not vegan, as it contains beeswax, which was added because it provides a rich emollience to creams and is especially good for dry skin.
About diaper rash:
Diaper rash usually comes on quickly and generally affects the areas in closest contact with the diaper.
Some identifying factors of a diaper rash are redness where the diaper touches, swelling, sensitivity, warmness, and extreme dryness of the affected area.
The main cause of diaper rash is prolonged exposure to wetness in the diaper area.
Diaper rash can be very uncomfortable, but you can use Seedlings Diaper Rash Cream at the first sign of redness, and it will provide immediate relief to your little one.
There are many ways to make diaper changes a fun interaction between you and your little one! Here are some of our favorites:
Get moving: Once your baby starts to crawl, usually between 9 and 12 months, the few minutes it takes to stop and get a diaper change feel like an eternity! Play a diaper-changing game that lets your busy bee move on the changing mat. Try a few baby yoga poses—like bringing a knee up to her chest and then slowly moving it toward the opposite side or gently pulling her arm across her body—all while narrating what you’re doing. Once the clean diaper is in place, guide her through some baby aerobics. Ten seconds of bicycling or kicking her legs should get her revved up and ready to crawl. Pictures: Beat back boring by creating your own art installation: an ever-changing collage of pics on the wall next to the changing table. Start by taping up photos of babies cut from magazines—other infants are infinitely interesting for your little one—and create a diaper-changing game by pointing at the pipsqueaks and asking questions about them. Stories: By 4 months old, your little one can laugh up a storm, so keep it simple with a diaper-changing game that’s a comedy gold mine for babies. Turn talk time into your own diaper-changing game by telling your baby a made-up tale as soon as his diaper comes off. To the littlest babies, the sing-song sound of your voice is soothing—and may get him to stop squirming—and older babies can help you keep the story flowing by pointing to things you include in your story such as a favorite blanket or a pair of shoes. Make sure to pop your baby’s name into the story, too. Just like adults, babies pay more attention when they hear their name.
For centuries many cultures have looked to essential oils to enhance their daily lives, perform religious rites, support wellness, and wear as perfumes. Not only are essential oils extremely versatile but many also contain naturally occurring constituents that are practically made for one particular usage: beautifying the skin. Unlike skin care products that rely on harsh and synthetic ingredients, essential oils use their natural properties to brighten, smooth, and moisturize the appearance of skin in a way that leaves you feeling perfectly pampered. Check out some of our skincare favorites to get your glow on!
1. Lavender Lavender essential oil is the perfect place to start and a must-have in every home. This popular essential oil soothes and nourishes all skin types and is easy to incorporate into your skin care regimen every day. ♥ Add a drop to your hand, mix with facial moisturizer, and treat your skin to a mini facial massage. ♥ Make a basic homemade body scrub by combining coconut oil, sugar, and Lavender essential oil. Start with 3–4 drops and gradually add more as desired. ♥ Create a spa-like retreat by combining 1 cup Epsom salt and 4 drops Lavender and adding to a hot bath.
2. Frankincense Frankincense essential oil has been sought after since ancient times for its many benefits, including its rejuvenating and beautifying properties. Great for all skin types—but especially beneficial for mature complexions—this luxurious oil helps moisturize and smooth the skin. ♥ Boost your skin’s radiance by massaging a drop of Frankincense into facial skin after cleansing, followed by applying your regular moisturizers. ♥ Add a few drops to your face cream or body lotion and rub directly into skin. ♥ Massage into the skin on hands and feet after a long day to restore skin’s texture.
3. Cedarwood Great for smoothing and nourishing all skin types, Cedarwood essential oil is a very versatile oil with a rich, woodsy aroma. Because this oil also benefits hair, it’s a great choice for nourishing skin on the scalp. ♥ Smooth skin on the face or body by adding a few drops Cedarwood to your favorite lotions. ♥ Add 3–4 drops to a bowl of hot water. Cover your head and the bowl with a towel and breathe deeply and slowly for several minutes to open pores and enjoy the calming aroma. Follow up with a facial massage that includes 1 drop of Cedarwood oil. ♥ Mix 5–6 drops of Cedarwood with a small amount of coconut or argan oil. Massage into your scalp 30–60 minutes before showering, then wash and rinse hair as normal.
4. Tea Tree Traditionally used in skin care products for its cleansing properties, Tea Tree essential oil is great for all skin types but is especially suited for use on oily skin. ♥ Use as a spot treatment by placing a drop on the end of a cotton swab and dabbing lightly onto targeted areas of the face. ♥ Add 1–2 drops to your daily application of shampoo to nourish your scalp. Lather shampoo into hair and scalp, let sit a few minutes while enjoying its cool, tingly sensation, and then rinse.
5. Geranium Geranium essential oil is a popular choice to help smooth and tone skin. This essential oil is great for all skin types, but it’s especially beneficial for skin that’s either oily or dry. ♥ Add a few drops of this essential oil to a DIY face mask or use it during a stress-reducing facial massage. ♥ Add 4–5 drops to a water bottle with 2 ounces of water. Spritz lightly over skin for a refreshing, revitalizing effect.
6. Ylang Ylang
Known for its sweet floral fragrance, Ylang Ylang essential oil also helps moisturize and revitalize skin. This uplifting essential oil is great for all skin types, but it especially benefits dry or mature complexions. ♥ Add several drops into a carrier oil, such as V-6™ Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex, and incorporate into a relaxing massage at the end of the day. ♥ Add 2–3 drops to your bathwater. ♥ Add a few drops to your face cream or body lotion and rub directly into skin.
Using Essential Oils while Traveling - Five essential oils for travelers
Jet lag, sore legs, stomach issues—these are just a few things that could plague a fun-filled getaway. That’s why you should carry along both Peppermint essential oil and Peppermint Vitality™ essential oil for a little extra help along the way.
Inhale Peppermint’s refreshing aroma after stepping off the plane for a much-needed pep in your step.
Massage Peppermint on the bottoms of your feet after a long day of walking up and down the streets of Amsterdam.
Take Peppermint Vitality each morning in a veggie capsule to support gastrointestinal system comfort.
Soothing Stress Away
It’s possible that travel issues such as missing trains or losing reservations at your hotel can almost ruin the whole experience; or maybe you’re 17 years old, in the middle of India with your friend, and you lose your passport. Not saying that’s happened … Let’s just say some Stress Away™ would have been helpful at the time. Keep this staple in your bag at all times!
Breathe in the inviting aroma when your phone dies and you’re lost on the metro.
Apply Stress Away to your wrists before heading out the door on a cliff diving excursion.
Use it as a personal fragrance for a night out in Tokyo.
Traveling is simply an excuse to eat lots of food in a new place. If you’re gorging on churros and paella, empanadas and asado, or spicy curry, you’ll want some assistance. When taken as a daily supplement, DiGize™ Vitality™, with its antioxidant properties and cleansing benefits*, will become your most faithful travel companion.
Add 2 drops of DiGize Vitality and 1 drop of Peppermint Vitality to your water bottle for a minty twist.
Take DiGize along with Essentialzymes-4™ before each delicious meal.
Recycled oxygen on airplanes and shared living spaces in hostels can always use a quick freshening. Also, you’ll want to give your body general wellness support* to enjoy every second of your adventure. For best results, take the dynamic duo of Thieves® and Thieves® Vitality™ with you.
Ask the flight attendant for a hot hand towel; add 2–3 drops of Thieves and wipe down your airplane seat for a fresh aroma before settling in for the flight.
Add a drop of Thieves Vitality to your morning tea or coffee at the local cafe for a flavor boost and to support general well-being.*
Spritz Thieves® Spray around the room when you first check-in to your hotel to freshen your home away from home.
Sometimes the best vacations push us far out of our comfort zones. That could include traveling to the other side of the world, swimming with sharks, or simply landing in a place where you don’t speak the language. That’s no reason for nervous tension or occasional sleeplessness to prevent you from having the time of your life. Keep Lavender and Lavender Vitality™ with you, and you’ll be ready to roll.
Fight the occasional restlessness from time zone changes by adding Lavender Vitality to a nighttime tea to improve sleep quality.*
Use the floral aromatic experience of Lavender for its calming scent before zip lining in Costa Rica.
Massage Lavender into skin with V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex after a day of sun bathing in Fiji.
YL Tip: For even more uses of these five oils, take a travel-sized diffuser! These carry-on approved diffusers will help you refresh and uplift any space you’re in.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease